I feel the need to change. After several years of using Windows, I decided to just experience something else.
November 1 was an exciting day for me. It was a vacation and my mind was not set for any business. The night before that, I was browsing Apple website. It was an online evangelist, I should say. It’s a very huge magnet, I should add.
It was not the first attempt to go for Mac. I’ve always been a person imagining a Mac. But common perception, including those of my friends’, is that Mac is “harder” to use. I realized recently, it cannot be.
These people who have been telling me that “Mac is more difficult to use” has been a PC user all their lives, never had a chance to own a Mac. How can they say Mac is more difficult? Well, I don’t know but for a quite long while, I believed them!
Second, Mac is expensive. True. But the benefits, the productivity, the development of your own creativity because of the features of the machine, among many other experiences, worth every cent of its price. This is a great investment especially for those young professionals out-there. If you’re in the real estate business, this is also for you! It’s simply a technology like no other.
I have this Mac for less than 48 hours as of this posting, but I feel I’ve mastered its basics already. I’d like also to mention that I’m able to create a wonderful, amazing “Keynote” for my seminars. (Keynote is PC’s Powerpoint.)
In the morning, I called the buyer of my Dell. We agreed to meet in the afternoon. He was excited to get my Dell. Originally, we were scheduled to meet today, November 3. After confirming our meeting, I had to call Power Mac Center (some of their branches) to inquire. I realized they open at 11AM.
After Lei, the sales person assigned to assist me, I confirmed to get my unit between 7-8PM.
Let me write in bullets some reasons why I shifted to Mac.
- Their applications are much impressive and will bring out more creativity in you
- It is durable, light-weight, and presentable
- You are given one-on-one training on how to maximize your Mac (plus free seminars, too!)
- It gives you a bigger sense of confidence about your work
- You become part of an exclusive Mac community
- For a motivational speaker and coach like me, presentation means business, I’d rather present with a wow effect!
- More impressive templates for your documents
- iLife (iPhoto, iMovie, iCal, iTunes) gives you more option to organize. You can even upload iPhotos directly to Facebook in no time.
- You can make your own movie, the Hollywood way.
- Unbelievable “trackpad” to replace your mouse.
- No virus! Come on, you don’t need anti-virus software
- It’s the original PC
- Visit http://www.apple.com
Please understand that I bought my recent Dell Inspiron 1440 just two months ago. Obviously, changing such notebook isn’t a good idea. But the need obviously overtook the “be practical.”
By the way, I have some more personal reason for getting this Mac.
I’m going back to work.