The headline said it well: On May 12, I turned 30.
No big deal, just yet another checkpoint to see my self in the mirror and wonder how fit I am in facing the life in the 30s. I hope I can get some advice from you, my dear friends.
But it has been a long time since I last posted an entry. I’m not sure if you’ve missed it but nonetheless, I found an opportunity to do this today, seventeen days after my birthday.
I’d like to thank everyone who remembered my special day, especially those who expressed their greeting online and offline. Thank you Facebook and Twitter now people get reminded that they need to greet someone!
Just a quick “excuse” for not blogging often: Recently I created to projects namely: Campus Paper, a free school newspaper to be first released on July 30 and Peaches & Cream String Quartet, a performing group we launched on May 26 at SM Megatrade Hall.
These two projects are very important to me because they have been me for a quite a long time now. I shelved the Campus Paper idea for 11 years and Peaches & Cream for 13 years. That was a long wait but finally it’s here. Those who are interested to advertise on Campus Paper, please call Carol at 846-1089. Those who’d like to taste our String Quartet on your special event such as wedding, debut, or product launching, please call Iwi at 505-5336.
Finally, my birthday treat. I’ll make this straight and fast.
If you need a website, schedule a visit in my office, prepare a check or cash amounting to P8,888 and I’ll make a fully functional website for you before you leave the office the same day. You don’t get this deal all the time. I do this as a token of appreciation for your patronage.
Call Iwi to schedule your visit: 846-1089.
In my 30s, here are the things in my bucket:
- I will still write books on top of my 8 published works, well, more inspirational and motivational books and publications for students, young professionals, working people, and entrepreneurs;
- I will still do motivational keynote speaking on sales rallies and corporate training and events;
- I will still do some corporate trainings related to operations and human resource empowerment;
- I will still do Internet marketing consultancy works for clients who need Internet marketing strategy;
- I will still do Creative Business with Lloyd Luna, my weekly television show on Global News Network airing live every Friday 11am-12nn. (Thank you to my ever supportive friend and producer Pocholo Gonzales)
- I will still play church organ every Sunday (as I have been doing since 13 years ago)
- I will still write for publications, welcome newspaper interviews, and accept television appearances and radio interviews;
- I will still travel Asia to give talks and training;
- I will still do personal and corporate branding (Thank you Genesis Millare of NINJA);
- I will still find time to go to the gym and play badminton every once in a while and;
- I will still have the same simple lifestyle I have had
I know this is the beginning of a more challenging life. I know it will be different. I know there will be a lot of bumps and turns. I know there will be losses and gains. I know there will be pains and joy. I know there will unguarded moments and pure intentions. I know there are things that will go my way and some that won’t. I know that I will fail at some and succeed at many others.
I know I have a God and He will always be there. I know you’ll be there, my friends, to see me through and through.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. God bless us all.